?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Babygate - Dan the Serene
September 1st, 2008
12:00 am

[Link]

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Babygate
Well that didn't take long. Why do so many staunch conservatives have so many skeletons in their closets? I'm not saying other people don't have them, it's just that the conservatives always seem to rain fire and brimstone down on something it turns out they have done/are doing themselves.

For those of you have have managed to not hear of this yet, I will provide a link or two.

(8 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments
 
[User Picture]
From:phanatic
Date:September 1st, 2008 04:17 am (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, please, this is ridiculous. The evidence for this is assertions made by some random guy on Kos. That's worse than trusting the Discovery Institute to tell you about evolution.
[User Picture]
From:dantheserene
Date:September 1st, 2008 04:19 am (UTC)
(Link)
My main concern is that it shows how the next couple of months are going to go. I knew it would be bad, but I didn't know how bad.
[User Picture]
From:phanatic
Date:September 1st, 2008 06:10 am (UTC)
(Link)
If the Obama campaign is in any way responsible, then it shows they're playing the hardball they need to play in order to win. Which is a big change from the standard Democrat playbook.
[User Picture]
From:margoeve
Date:September 1st, 2008 05:52 am (UTC)
(Link)
Did I just walk in on an episode of Days of Our Lives?
[User Picture]
From:invisibella
Date:September 1st, 2008 12:23 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I did hear something about that. Even before that story came out, I thought it was funny that she returned to work 3 days after giving birth to her child.

The only thing my Republican friends can seem to focus on is her attractiveness. Which is a shame that a woman gets a nomination and people still can't get past the point that she's a piece of ass.

Going to be an interesting/annoying few weeks. Like a bad car wreck.
[User Picture]
From:faecat
Date:September 1st, 2008 04:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
The only thing my Republican friends can seem to focus on is her attractiveness. Which is a shame that a woman gets a nomination and people still can't get past the point that she's a piece of ass.

THANK YOU. Something had been bugging me about the whole thing for a few days and I couldn't put a finger on it, and that's it. About 10% of the comments I've read have been about things like "she's a member of the NRA" and the like, and the other 90% have all been to the effect of "MILF!"
[User Picture]
From:new_iconoclast
Date:September 1st, 2008 04:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Assuming it's true, which is a pretty big assumption given the "evidence", wouldn't this in fact be a pretty cool thing to do? What a great way to help a family member out. She avoided an abortion and didn't give the child up for adoption, both of which would have been pretty easy, and she didn't abandon her daughter, either. She stepped up to the plate and helped, in a very difficult and awkward situation. It was also a Catch-22 - no matter what happened, the Dems would make hay over this one.
[User Picture]
From:invisibella
Date:September 1st, 2008 06:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well there was some truth deep within the story....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/palin.daughter/index.html

Powered by LiveJournal.com