Log in

No account? Create an account
The knee, cont. - Dan the Serene
March 5th, 2010
07:35 pm


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
The knee, cont.

I knew the anesthetic was messing with me.  Mom says my timelines aren’t even close and now that I think about it,  I don’t remember getting dressed.

I took one Percocet before bed, since I expected the local to give out at any moment.  Normally, that would have knocked me right out.  In this case, between the general anesthetic in the morning and sleeping most of the day, I was awake most of the night.  Not in a bad way, just not sleepy.  I was even still perky at 0500, and I am *never* perky at that time of the morning.
Thursday morning a nurse called at around 9:00 AM to ask how I was doing.  I told her I felt pretty good.  Somewhat to my surprise, the surgeon called at 11:00 to see if I had any questions.  I can’t say enough about the doctor (Bruce Zimmer), staff,  and facility.  I don’t want to have anything else worked on, but if I have to have it done I know where and by whom.  I had a pretty mellow day of reading, sleeping, and watching TV with an ice pack.  I slept fine last night.

This morning I unwrapped and took my first shower in 48 hours.  I have three tiny holes stitched up.  I doubt I’ll be able to find them by the end of summer.  After the shower I put Band-Aids on them and rewrapped.  The wrap and the 600 mg of Ibuprofen are to keep the swelling down, and they seem to be working.  It’s stiff, but otherwise pretty good. I have taken a total of two Percocets since the procedure, and doubt I will take more.  This whole thing is such a non-event at this point that I doubt I’ll have more to write about.  I’ll be at work on Monday and have my follow up appointment on Tuesday. I may write something else then.  If not, it will be because there’s nothing interesting to say.

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

[User Picture]
Date:March 25th, 2010 01:50 am (UTC)
Thanks for the descriptions of it all. I hope mine is as easy as yours! But he says I have to have physical therapy 3 times a week for a month after. :(
[User Picture]
Date:March 25th, 2010 02:20 am (UTC)
I saw your post earlier today, but couldn't respond at the time. It sounds like we have very similar issues. I feel the surgical aftermath a little bit under certain circumstances, but for the most part it is all good. I should be able to start exercising it more in a week or so. I can already do stationary bike, elliptical, and squats with body weight.

Good luck.
Powered by LiveJournal.com